He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.Colossians 1:13-14 (NKJV)
Three clear points from this verse are:
- He has delivered us – past tense
- We’re removed from the kingdom of darkness and are now in the kingdom of light – past tense
- We have received the forgiveness of sins – past tense
There’s a few pertinent questions we can ask from the above as born again Christians.
- If He has delivered me, do I need any further deliverance?
- If I’m forgiven in Christ what consequences do the sins of my forefathers have to me?
Given that the deliverance mentioned above came from God himself and if we accept Christ’s work at Calvary to be complete where would that put breaking generational curses in the lives of born again Christians?
Wouldn’t that make it not necessary at all?
- Mark Saunders